Supply chain expenses contribute significantly to your bottom line. Learn how switching to iGPS shipping platforms can save you as much as $4.57 per pallet load when compared to multi-use wood pallets.
A Guide to Lowering Supply Chain Costs
LOWER TRANSPORT COST
Weighing ~50 pounds, iGPS plastic pallets are up to 35 percent lighter than multi-use wood block pallets. This can translate to a 20-pound per pallet weight difference and bring down the transportation costs in your supply chain by:
- Increasing average mileage by reducing fuel costs for trucks that cube out.
- Optimizing logistics by adding more products per load for trucks that weigh out.
- Creating savings of up to 2000 pounds per truckload.
COST SAVINGS: Up to $2.76 Per Pallet Load
REDUCE PRODUCT DAMAGE
Lower instances of product damage and recalls with high-quality iGPS plastic pallets that offer the following benefits:
- Strong top deck coverage with no protruding nails or splinters, protects loads and minimizes product damage.
- A non-absorbent surface with improved pallet hygiene reduces cross-contamination and insect infestation risks that are commonly associated with wood pallets.
- Integrated RFID technology provides supply chain transparency, facilitating product tracking.
COST SAVINGS: $0.15 – $0.70 Per Pallet Load
REDUCE EQUIPMENT DAMAGE
Warehouse automation is one of the key techniques for cost management in the supply chain. Unitized construction, uniform dimensions, and consistent weight allow lightweight iGPS plastic pallets to:
- Integrate easily with an Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS).
- Offer less equipment damage and reduced downtime in production lines.
COST SAVINGS: $0.41 – $0.59 Per Pallet Load
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can plastic pallets reduce product losses or recalls in the supply chain?
As a stronger and more reliable shipping platform, iGPS plastic pallets are equipped with Global Standard (GS1) Identification tags to enable tracking of product loads. Likewise, the non-absorbent plastic surface and the lack of nails, loose boards, and splinters make product handling more hygienic, efficient, and profitable.
- How do plastic pallets maximize ASRS efficiency?
iGPS pallets’ increased durability, uniform dimensions, and consistent edge rackable capacity meet or exceed both CBA and ISO 8611-3 standards and significantly reduce instances of unwarranted repairs and downtime in an Automated Storage and Retrieval System.
- How does plastic pallet pooling optimize transportation costs?
Pooling plastic pallets through the iGPS “iDepots” model optimizes logistics and lowers transportation costs by reducing the overall trip distance for the pick up or delivery of empty pallets.
- Renting wood pallets vs. iGPS pallets — Which is more beneficial?
By renting iGPS plastic pallets, retailers and distributors can enjoy the economic and environmental advantages of pallets that would cost 3-4 times more than wood pallets if purchased. The operational savings realized through pooling makes iGPS pallets the preferred choice.
CONTACT US TODAY
LEARN HOW PLASTIC POOLING CAN MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD.